• Celebrate International Women's Day 8 March 2019 - #BalanceforBetter "Balance drives a better working world"
  • New Zealand Children's Day 3 March 2019 - Put tamariki (children) first; it's a reminder about why we care about children

dependent care

If you have an adult child, a parent, a sibling or other relative who is dependent on you for part or all of the activities of daily living, you may be exploring the support options available to you and to your dependent family member.

If the dependency has arisen suddenly, through accident or illness, you and your relative may be so busy adjusting to the situation you haven't had time to consider what support may be available to you.

We can help you learn more about your options, and if necessary, identify supported accommodation alternatives.


elder care


An assessment is required to help older people and their carers work out what kind of care will best meet their needs when they are no longer able to manage at home.

In Australia, an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) will assess and approve older people for Australian government subsidised services. In New Zealand, a similar function is provided by the Needs Assessment Service and Co-ordination (NASC) service. The NASC service is also available for adults with lifelong disabilities.

The ACAT or NASC will work with the person to identify what they have difficulty doing and to prioritise their needs.




in-home care

Overview of In-home Services - Australia

The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) provides low level care in the home for people needing personal care, domestic services, transport or helping with daily tasks. This is an entry level support program where people can pay for individual services as needed. 

Home Care Packages fund an agreed suite of services (as a package) for older people who need regular, ongoing support and/or assistance to live independently in their own homes. Services included in this package are support services; personal care; nursing, allied health and other clinical services; and care co-ordination and case management. Home Care Packages provide 4 levels of support:

  • Level 1 - basic care needs
  • Level 2 - low-level care needs
  • Level 3 - intermediate care needs
  • Level 4 - high-level care needs

See https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/help-home for more information.

ask now

ask now*X

Overview of In-home Services - New Zealand


Once you have your NASC, your district health board (DHB) will let you know what level of help they can provide to you.

Home support services are the services or things that help you to stay in your home as you age.  

The types of help you may be eligible for include:

  • household support
  • personal care
  • carer support
  • equipment to help make the home safe, for example, non-slip mats or shower rails

To find information about the full range of services you may be eligible click here.






"Dementia" is a broad term that describes a loss of memory, intellect, social skills and appropriate emotional reactions.

There are a number of different forms of dementia. The best known is Alzheimer's disease which is the cause of 50-70% of all cases of dementia.

Every person with dementia is unique. While there is no cure, there are some medications or alternative treatments that can relieve some of the symptoms.

Friends and family play an important role in the lives of people with dementia, providing valuable links to past experiences and providing the support to allow the person with dementia to continue to play a valued role in their family.

You can find out more about dementia in Australia and New Zealand here.

WorkLife Links can help you find in-home support or residential facilities that specialise in dementia, just fill out the Ask Now form on this page.

financial support


Once an ACAT or NASC has been undertaken you may be eligible for financial support.

In Australia, the types of payments currently available include;

  • Carer Payment
  • Carer Allowance
  • Carer Supplement
  • Carer Adjustment Payment
  • Child Disability Assistance Payment
  • Pensioner Education Supplement

Some of these payments may be means tested. You may also be eligible for a Health Care Card or Rent Assistance. For detailed information about these payments, click here.

In New Zealand, the types of payments currently available include;

  • Invalid support. Applicable if you are;
    • permanently and severely restricted in your ability to work because of a health condition, injury or disability, OR
    • totally blind, OR
    • caring full-time for someone at home who would otherwise need hospital-level or residential care (or equivalent) who is not your husband, wife or partner.
  • Supported Living Payment. Applicable if;
    • you are a full-time carer,
    • you need to be caring full-time for someone at home who isn't your husband, wife or partner


*  The Work|Life Links service is available to employees of our clients. Please check with your Diversity/Human Resources department to confirm whether you are eligibile. If your employer is not yet a client and would like to make our services available, please contact us.



ask now
Contact us:
Australia (free call): 1800 631 024
New Zealand (free call): 0800 455 804